BY FAITH: New teaching series
Sooner or later, we all face something bigger than ourselves.
We may be strong and self-reliant, but eventually we all face obstacles that feel impossible to overcome — seemingly unbreakable barriers that stand in the way of our hopes and dreams. In those moments, the Bible tells us that one thing is required: FAITH.
Hebrews 11 is filled with the stories of scores of people who came to that place in life. Each time, "by faith," they trusted God to step in and do what only He could do. One such story was that of Joshua, who faced one seemingly insurmountable challenge after another. His faith in God enabled him to lead the Hebrew people across the Jordan River, conquer Jericho and more.
Faith isn't empty hope; it requires us to believe in what we cannot see, take risks and have courage to stand up to whatever stands in our way. It might be easier to stay in your comfort zone, but when you bravely step out to where God has called you as Joshua did, history is made and lives are changed forever.
More than any series, this one will clarify who we are and what we are to be about as a church as we move forward into the future. It will unpack a clear vision for the next 5 years at Grace, and how we can all be a part of a mission...a movement...that matters.
Someone once said, "God does His best work when the odds are stacked against you." Have you experienced that in your life? Join Pastor Dave as he explores how, BY FAITH, you too can break through to your breakthrough!
- 3/18 Finding Your Faith Muscle (Hebrews 11)
- 3/25 BY FAITH... Take Possession of Your Promise (Joshua 1)
- 4/1 BY FAITH... Choose to Believe (Joshua 2, 1 Corinthians 15)
- 4/8 BY FAITH... Build a Memorial (Joshua 4)
- 4/15 BY FAITH... Make Time to Listen (Joshua 9)
- 4/22 BY FAITH... Dare to Commit (Joshua 6)
- 4/29 BY FAITH... Start to Expect the Unexpected (Joshua 10)
(1 service, meeting at CDO High School @10:45am)
- 5/6 BY FAITH... Assume the Best in Others (Joshua 22:10-34)
- 5/13 BY FAITH... Watch God Make Your Life Bigger (Joshua 11)
- 5/20 BY FAITH... Stay the Course (Joshua 23-24)