Every day, life is about making decisions.
Some decisions are easy to make, others are not. Some choices we think through very carefully, while others are just based on our feelings or mood. Many of the decisions we make do not matter all that much, but others literally can change the course of people’s lives.
These days as the movie Noah fills movie screens, many are wondering who this larger-than-life character really was. The Bible is filled with real stories of real people like Noah who, in many ways, were just like you and me. They had their good, successful moments — and they had those moments when they made decisions they would come to regret. Thankfully, the Bible doesn’t ignore or gloss over the bad. We see people for who they really were so we can learn from it all.
Join us as we look at the highs and lows of some of history’s biggest characters, as found in the Old Testament of the Bible.
- April 27: Noah: Faith & Foolishness
- May 4: Jonah: Boldness & Bitterness
- May 11: Rahab: Your Past Need Not Define Your Future
- May 18: Moses: Temper, Temper!
- May 25: Aaron: The People Pleaser
- June 1: Esther: From Fear to Faithfulness
- June 8: Elijah: Rebounding From Burnout, Depression