Space for Grace grows and equips our campus as God builds His church. Our efforts focus on adding classroom space for children on Sunday mornings, youth on Sunday night and adults on Sunday, as well other activities during the week. We are optimizing the office so that the Grace staff and volunteers have room to work and interact with the community. The increased growth impacts the available parking which is also part of our expansion program.
- Children’s space is at capacity during the second service.
- Special needs individuals on Sunday need increased space to provide quiet spaces when needed, which we do not have today during both services.
- Adult space for adult ministries has been affected in more subtle ways. We are no longer able to offer an adult LifeGroup during second service.
- Parking is also an issue, as our parking lot fills up every Sunday and requires a lot of parking in a dirt lot behind the main campus. With this proposal, we would nearly double the parking spots into this lot, as well as provide solar covered parking to generate power for the campus and be more environmentally friendly.
- During the week the variety of ministries has expanded. Our ability to offer space for community groups or new ministries is decreasing. Grace is a beehive of activity, every day of the week! Here are examples of ministries that currently share our limited number of classrooms:
- Youth & Children: Young Life, Confirmation course and The Blender;
- Getting Connected: Alpha, Joyful Seniors, Grace Undercover Book Club;
- Adults: Men’s and Women's Bible Studies, HopeSpring, GriefShare, DivorceCare, Friday Night Life;
- Service Opportunities: Open Prayer, Prayer Shawl Group, Grace Quilts and Catalysts for Freedom;
- Special Events: Youth Mark520, Easter week and Vacation Bible School.
It’s All about God!
- While we look at the community that God has created at Grace, we see that He is at work and that will inevitably bring change.
- As we strive to be a body in which Christ is made known and lives are changed, we will be a beacon to a city lost without His love.
- If we are living into our vision, our body will continue to grow.
- All of the decisions we make as a community to individually and corporately reach people for Christ will lead to more people at Grace Community, and we must have an intentional plan for that growth.
- One of our values and strengths at Grace is authentic community. We choose to be a welcoming church and intentionally seek to reach people for Christ, because our highest value is on being a church that prioritizes Christ's Great Commission.
- We approved the Space for Grace proposal with a 92% approval vote.
- The Design Team will work through the summer to go through proposed changes received to the plan. The Funding Team are making preparations for a fundraising campaign to launch in October.