The world’s current financial crisis has uncovered an even deeper problem that we all face — it’s a crisis of the heart.
Anyone can see that our society is quickly shifting away from any semblance of a biblical worldview. Instead of seeking God for direction and help, it seems that all our efforts are directed toward the temporal goal of protecting our prosperity at all costs. As Christians, what will be our response to the challenges that lie before us?
Here are six things that, if we do them, will prepare us for the days ahead and set the stage for a great spiritual revival:*
- Discover your God-given purpose. (2 Timothy 1:9)
- Decide now if you’re willing to suffer for the gospel of Jesus Christ. (Acts 21:13-14)
- Determine what is your highest and best contribution to fulfilling the Great Commission. (Hebrews 12:1-3)
- Develop a financial plan. (Matthew 6:24)
- Increase your spiritual fervor. (1 Peter 3:14-16)
- Put the love of God into practice right now. (James 2:14-17)
As the people of God, we must understand that God placed us here at the moment in time to fulfill His purposes. Let’s commit to preparing now for the revival that God wants to accomplish in us and in those we serve in His name during these momentous times.