A new Alpha course will start on September 7.
Alpha is an opportunity to explore the basics of the Christian faith in a low-key, friendly setting. Strong friendships inevitably result. There is no charge for Alpha.
The course is designed for people exploring Christianity, as well as for Christians who wish to go deeper in their faith. Alpha is a safe, fun place to get answers to your questions.
At Grace we offer Alpha over ten weekly evening sessions. The evening starts with a simple meal. After the meal there is a video-based talk, followed by a relaxed, small group discussion. Nobody has to speak unless they want to.
Each Alpha course begins with a preview dinner (September 7). Subsequent gatherings cover the following topics:
- Week 1 (9/14): Who is Jesus?
- Week 2 (9/21): Why did Jesus die?
- Week 3 (9/28): How can I be sure of my faith?
- Week 4 (10/05): Why and how should I pray
- Week 5 (10/12): Why and how should I read the Bible?
- Week 6 (10/19): How does God guide us
- Weekend (10/22-10/23): Holy Spirit retreat
- Week 7 (10/26): How can I resist evil?
- Week 8 (11/02): Why and how should I tell others?
- Week 9 (11/09): Does God heal today?
- Week 10 (11/16): What about the Church?
During the course there is an optional retreat offered after week six, covering the following subjects:
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
Join us for a Preview Dinner on 9/7 where you can sample the Alpha Course. Sign up here.
Interested in helping out with Alpha Hospitality? Sign up here.
Or, sign up for the course below. If you are interested in the Friday Night Life Alpha session, please visit their page at Friday Night Life.
Don't see the signup form? It might be disabled by an ad blocker.